Let's keep your "Money Tree" watered
Our accounting service in the Raleigh, NC area:
Outsourced Accounting for small businesses
Customized accounting services based on your needs
When we say “customized”, we aren’t talking about “creative accounting.” What we want you to know is that we value the uniqueness of every business. No matter where you are in journey as a small business owner, you need accounting services. We can customize an accounting plan just for you. If you are in your first year, we can help you set-up your accounting system so that you start off on the right foot. We explain accounting in plain terms so that you feel like you are in control of your accounts.
We have clients that outsource their accounting completely to us and we enter every transaction for them. Other clients request that we reconcile their books yearly or monthly. Lastly, some clients have put off good accounting practices for years and need us to make sure that their financial records are in order.
It is very common that a client comes to us with a time sensitive project with a large amount of data.
With our clients, we then will talk about what goals need to be achieved and what the deadlines are. We assess the best solution to meet the client’s needs quickly and accurately. This includes setting up an accounting system and importing or migrating data. The data will be reconciled against statements. The final step is to train the client so that they are equipped to move forward with knowledge and confidence.
Then, if taxes are an issue, we partner with your tax preparer and ensure that the handoff is smooth. We have relationships with many CPA’s in the Raleigh / Cary area.
In depth Accounting
Small Business Consulting
When it comes to planning, reconciliation, and preparation, you will not find a better consultant “Accounting Controller” For business owners who want more than just the basics, we leverage our expertise with these:
- Analysis: We look at your historical numbers to get them in order, then discuss what drives variations so you better understand any fluctuations.
- Budgeting: For the small business owner who wants to know where you’ve been, where you want to go, and what infrastructure to put into place.
- Cashflow Analysis & Forecasting: Are you looking for pricing strategy models? Gross margin breakdown? We love driving analysis based on multiple steps, knowing which factors impact pricing and margins for driving short- and long-term strategic planning.
Using breakeven analysis and budgeting techniques, we can aid in the management of the use of your company’s assets in terms of inventory, equipment and labor. Accounting for inventory is complex and Accounting standards in some industries depending on whether your business manufactures or resells products. We can help analyze your material costs as well as your equipment and labor so that your profit and loss statement is accurate.
Payroll & Contractor Requirements
Once you start employing people in your business, you have a responsibility to them to ensure that their checks are accurate and timely. This is the bare minimum in keeping your team members engaged and happy. Outsourcing your payroll is cost effective and allows you, as a business owner, to focus on the core of your business. In addition, you can sleep well knowing that the proper tax authorities have the payment and paperwork that they need. Federal, state and local payroll tax laws are frequently changing and becoming more complex. How much time do you want to spend learning all the rules and keeping your information up to date? Let us take care of your payroll needs.
If your business hired a consultant or contractor to do more than $600.00 worth of work, you are required to file a 1099 for them. Please contact us for Payroll and contractor reporting questions.
Bankruptcy or Company Reorganization or One time Projects
Sometimes business plans do not work and it is time to evaluate your assets and determine the next course of action. There might be a court date where you need to get a large amount of reports to your lawyers. You might decide Bankruptcy is your best bet. Or you might realize that you would like to buy out a partner and you need an independent accountant to evaluate your books. No matter how specific your accounting needs are, we are here to assist you.
This takes a variety of forms, giving access to an expert to ask your questions for ongoing support, and more. We customize our services based on your needs.
Setup and Cleanup of your Accounting Records
Quickbooks / Xero Setup, Maintenance & Training
We can work with you to determine the best use of your time and management of QuickBooks, Xero or another accounting software:
- Which edition of QuickBooks / accounting system is the best for your unique business needs.
- How to setup your Chart Of Accounts so that you can classify your transactions quickly and correctly
- How to use QuickBooks / your accounting system so that it saves you time.
- How to accurately track your income and expenses, and more.
We will help you have a higher satisfaction level with your accounting software. Whether you are using Quickbooks, Xero, Fresh-books or another accounting software. We can help you set-up and customizing QuickBooks / Xero / Fresh-books so that you learn how to more efficiently use the software, or gaining a better understanding of the financial data you currently have. If your accounting system is currently in an excel spreadsheet we can help migrate you to the Accounting software of your choice.
Year-end or Monthly cleanup of your General Ledger and Accounts
Having us reconcile or cleanup your account each month or at the end of the year allows you to:
- Identify lost checks, lost deposits and wire transfers.
- Detect and prevent excess/unjustified bank charges and ensures transactions are posted correctly by your bank.
- Detect and prevent embezzlement of funds from within your company.
- Manage your cash more effectively. Proper management of funds not only saves money, it makes money for you.
- Hunt down discrepencies such as double billings or unrecorded payments
- Protect yourself. By timely reconciling and promptly objecting to your bank about any unauthorized, fraudulent or forged checks presented to your bank and paid by that bank, you can relieve your agency of responsibility for the shortfall and transfer the risk to the bank. This reason to reconcile alone should be enough. Crime exists.
- Since everything flows through your general ledger and accounts, reconciling is the first step in ensuring an accurate Income Statement and Balance Sheet.
- Sleep Better. You will sleep more peacefully at night knowing your bank accounts are reconciled, in balance and that all escrow funds, accounts, checks and disbursed funds are properly accounted for.
Financial Statement Preparation & Review
Financial reports can help you determine the health of your company. The main reports for small businesses are:
- Profit & Loss Statement
- Balance Sheet
- Statement of Cash Flow
You are going to want to reviews these reports with an Accountant to determine what you can do to improve your financial position. On a basic level you need to know if you can pay your bills on time and expand your business. Running these reports will at best determine that your business is on the right track or, at worst, it will show weaknesses and areas of improvement before it is too late to turn your business around.
Technical. Knowledgable. Responsive.
We are experienced accountants based in the Raleigh, NC area.